Saturday, August 31, 2013

A Fine Handcrafted Wooden Set Comes on the Resale Market

Saturday, August 31, 2013


A Fine Handcrafted Wooden Set
Comes on the Resale Market

   I was checking my e-mail Thursday, when I received an e-mail from Mr. John Armstrong. I had (shamefully) forgotten his name, even though I had written bout his beautiful toys a mere month ago! I had to write back a second time and apologize! John Armstrong sells beautiful handcrafted wooden toys  on Etsy under the store name of  Aero1 Toys. John had written to me to inform me that one of his sets of toys was for sale on ebay, and that I should check it out. That particular set had not been on Etsy when I had initially discovered  Aero1 Toys on Etsy. So, I wrote to the lister of the  ebay item, and Mr. Nick Ross wrote back.

   I explained how I came upon this listing, and that John had crafted this particular set. Nick Ross gave me the "OK", and I was able to download the photos. I explained to Nick that I would like to remove some of the distractions in the photo to better emphasize this great set of toys. He again gave me the permission. As it turns out,  Nick Ross goes by the name of nickross1963 on E-Bay. There, he sells many different kinds of interesting items. As well, he has a "The We List Store" in Des Moines, Iowa (USA), "where we have high end furniture, accessories, collectibles, we sell on  ebay , as well as the store". He also is on facebook .

The We -List Store
(Des Moines Iowa)




   What's interesting about a store such as The We-List Store is that you never know what you will find there on any given day. So if you visit the store regularly, you will find different items for sale on any given day.

    The set by John is 84 pieces and represent the two sides in the American Civil War. The toys are made of wood and the soldiers specifically from wooden clothespins (pegs). I like the small wagon and horses,and the several ladies among the setting.










    The set certainly is very interesting, and to see items so relatively new on the resale market is interesting. I've seen some other  newer toys from other companies on the resale market, and tit's interesting how the toys move around. I guess that is what's  great about old and new toys. There will hopefully always be someone who would like to play with them or pass them on to their children.

   By the way, the original post about John Armstrong is below:



Thanks for dropping by,
and have a great long Labour Day Holiday.
Stacey
toysearcher@gmail.com




2 comments:

Unknown said...

You completely match our expectation and the variety of our information.
ipod speakers

toysearcher said...

Hi Randy,

Thanks for writing.
I always try to present posts in the best way that I can both for myself, and whomever I have asked permission to write about. If you ever have any other interesting old toys come by your way, please feel free to e-mail me.

Thanks again for your help and permission in using your photos of this item.

Stacey