Monday, August 26, 2013

Mr. Jim Hartman Helps Out Some More

Monday, July 8, 2013


Mr. Jim (James) Hartman
Helps Out Some More

   When you write a blog post each day, time goes by very fast. Too fast in fact, when you're approaching 65! It was June 28, when I posted about Mr. Jim Hartman's  beautiful Arcor rubber truck and cab.


    We corresponded back and forth, and Jim sent me a funny story that I then asked him if I might share with everyone. He was busy that week with his 2 daughters moving to the East Coast from the West Coast (USA), but he said he'd get back to me. And so he did. I had the story from out correspondence during the last week of June, and now I had the photos.  Not only that, but Jim also sent me photos of original rubber toy animals that came with that fine Auburn GMC truck and cab.

   I mentioned in the previous post that Jim is an E-Bay seller, and has a great photographic eye for taking photos. I always appreciate sellers , auctioneers, or collectors who take the time to present their merchandise or collectibles nicely to share with others.



This is one of the photos from the June 28th post.





Jim photographed these items to send me.It's such a great gesture to take the time to help me out with my blog.You can also see his very good mastery of the digital camera and photographic composition!

To quote Jim, "Some of the Auburn cars and trucks were rather generic but many were very authentic in their styling, as was the case with the GMC. I have another ARCOR GMC with its' original load of rubber farm animals. This one is nice because the driver is factory painted, the trailer is not warped and I have a copy of the original box lid.


Jim wrote that as far as toy preferences go "I love any toy car, truck, or motorcycle but tinplate from the Golden Era of the 1950's, especially Japanese tin, is my preferred genre of collecting".

I've written briefly about  a Japanese merchant on E-Bay who sells fine Japanese tin toys from that era. I'm often amazed at  how high a price these toys achieve on E-Bay or at auction houses.This seems to be especially true for the 1950's and early 1960's monsters and robots.  I remember when there were many movies and even TV series about the same topics  -monsters and robots, especially space robots! 

You certainly have to look carefully to see all of the different toys on these shelves.




That's Jim's Arcor bronzed Lincoln and a real one for reference. 


   Of course, I had to save the best for last, as Jim's story goes.

"I just turned 60 and still have many toy cars and trucks from my youth, many of them rubber. 
My mother loved them because I was running the toys over the furniture and the rubber toys were much easier on the tables (and my mom) that the metal ones were. My very first toy was a convertible Lincoln about 4" in length made by Auburn. I remember it well and put many pretend miles on it. When I was 16 I bought my first full size car with my paper route money, a '63 Ford Falcon. 
My mom said actually that wasn't my first car, and promptly had the rubber Auburn Lincoln bronzed and mounted it on a marble base. It now sits front and center in my in my eclectic toy car collection case."


I should be contracting Jim to do my blogging - his story and photos  are fantastic,
 and it does make my blogging all the more worthwhile.


Thanks for dropping by,

and have a great part of the day,
wherever you may be.
Stacey




No comments: