Monday, March 25, 2024

A Nice Toy Find on Etsy From a Fine Seller

Monday, March 24, 2024
7° C / 44.6° F
Clear skies and sun

A Nice Toy Find on Etsy
From a Fine Seller

I was following my regular daily schedule of searching for toys,
when I decided to visit ETSY. For those who don't know ETSY is a website 
that sells all kinds of merchandise. Buyers make offers for merchandise on the site. It's more complicated than that, but you can research how this very successful American company operates.

I've been visiting Etsy lately, and even had to join in order to communicate
with sellers. So I signed on, and was able to communicate with Dan.

The name of his store is:
 VintageToysSB


The store is caller VintageToysSB and Dan is the owner. His buyers have written very positively about Dan, and currently, there is a very good selection of toys for sale. What I selected to write about today from Dan's store is an  

Arcade Reo Cast Iron Coupe.

Arcade was an American toy company that manufactured very nice cast iron toys. One of the nicest of their toys was the Reo.

The toy was designed after the "real" car. The car was a 2-door coupe, with a rumble set in the back. When not in use, the rumble seat would fold back into the car, and the back part of the car wold fold back into the rear of the car.

If you do a Google search or other search engines with the words:

"what is a rumble seat in a car?", you will find lots of photos of the cars                 from the 1920's-1930's. 

The cast iron toy way manufactured in the 1930's, by the Arcade Toy Company.The size of the toy ( Length x Width Height) is:

9" x 3 1/4" x 3 1/2" or in metric  22.86 cm x 8.26 cm x 8.9 cm.

You could buy the toy in different colours, such as grey, beige, red, and yellow.

This toy is harder to find on the Internet, and  prices usually may rear over $ 1000.00 US.













The photo above  (right side)shows the rumble seat of this toy. I'm sure the ride was very "bumpy", hence the name "rumble". Back in the USA (United States) in the 1930's, there were still many dirt roads. I can't even imagine the bumpy ride, and the dust that kicked up on the people seated in the rumble seat. And of course, the seat belt would not come into existence and were made mandatory in North America only in 1976!

What I find amazing is the fact that the original white rubber tires are still
on this Arcade toy, and the paint on Dan's REO is mostly there, as well. 

So that's it for today. I hope you enjoyed this post. I've never seen this toy close up,
but even on the 'Net it's quite an "eyeful".

If you ever want to have me write a post about one of your toys,
or would like to have me write a post, in order to find out about 
a toy that you have, please feel free to write to me.
Thanks for dropping by,

and have a great part of the day or night, wherever you may be.

My name is (Mr.) Stacey Bindman,
and I can always be reached at:

toysearcher@gmail.com






No comments: