Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Dockerills Antiques & Collectibles

Wednesday, March 26, 2024
10° C / 50° F @ 11:30 AM
Sunny with Clouds

Dockerills
Antiques & Collectibles


Good morning, afternoon, or evening to everyone. My typical day starts with
 going to my computer and check my e-mails. After,  check my Google
"stats" to see how many people visited my website. After, it's breakfast, followed 
by a short timespan of searching for interesting websites related to toys.

When I first found Mr. Kevin Dockerill's website 
"Dockerills Antiques & Collectibles" on Shopify.

I didn't see any toys or any other collectibles.  Of course, I've learned long ago not to "judge a book by its' cover"! Sure enough, as I began  to explore Kevin's website, it got more and more interesting, until I found what I was searching for - toys!

What's interesting about Kevin's website is the fact that "most" of his toys are reproductions.
When you read lower down, you'll understand why I bracketed the word "most"!
Of course, people who like toys will collect these fine toys. 

What's great on  Dockerills Antiques and Collectibles
is the fact that these toys are based on toys that were around a generation ago.
As such, Kevin had created a most-unique reference website. His information is valuable 
to know what theses toys looked like. And of course, one never knows if you'll come across the original toys from that period.

Above: Hawkey Type E Fire Patrol Truck 1924. Tin Plate
Clockwork Toy, Kovap, Czech Republic.

"Original tin plate "Hawkey Type E Fire Patrol 1924 reproduction
produced in the Czech Republic. Toy and ladder marked Kovap. The ladder
is moveable and rotates.
Length:  Approximately 8.5 inches / 21.59 cm



Above: Dinky Toys Bedford Refuse Wagon No. 25V Meccano

"Vintage die cast Dinky Toy introduced in1948. Rear tipper
mechanism. With sliding/opening side panels, opening rear door."
Length:  4.25 inches / 10.795 cm



Above: Dinky Toys  Tipping Wagon No. 25e Meccano

"Vintage die cast Dinky Toy. Third type chassis. Produced from 1948 to 1950.
Length:  4.25 inches / 10.795 cm


Above: Zetor Tractor & Trailer, Kovap, Chech Republic

"Original tin plate "Zetor" tractor. Toy marked Kopap"
This toy moves with a gear with 3 forward gears anbd one reverse,
also with a working hand brake and working steering.
The trailer has an opening rear flap."

Tractor and trailer together  are 13 inches ( 33 cm)
This is a modern-era toy.






Above: Acorazado Espana / Battleship Espana - 1931,
Paya, Spain. Vintage Tin Plate Clockwork Bus Toy.

This is a later reproduction of the original vintage tin plate "Acorazado Respana".
The original toy was first produced in 1931. This limited edition example
was remanufactured with original tooling by the Paya co-op, 
Spain in 19xx.

I also  found other sections on Kevin's website.


Below is one section

When you click on the picture section above on Kevin's website,
you will redirected to a new section on toys.

That was my "Eureka Moment" of the day.
There, I found  toys, but old toys from the 1950's.
Above:
Dinky Supertoys Guy Flat Truck No. 513
Vintage die cast
1940's - 1050's 

box: 
Length x width x height
5.50" x 2.00" x 1.75"
19.97 cm x 5.08 cm x 4.445 cm

Below:
Another interesting section of Kevin's store on Shopify
is the section below. If you like interesting
collectibles, such as the individual ones below, then you'll further enjoy 
Kevin's website.

I truly enjoyed writing this post. Kevin's site is very interesting.
But what I most enjoyed is a memory from a long time ago.

My father used to take my brother and I  fishing. 
(Our sister never came along.)
Fishing was fun, because you never knew what you might catch, and most of
all, we were with my father. He was a hard worker, and the time in the summer
was very special.

But what I learned  about fishing with my father was  an important 
part of the character of a person.  
I learned to appreciate important time with special people, 
and I learned to be patient.

That came back to me when  I found the Dinky 513 Truck toy!

So thanks for dropping by,
and as always,
have a great part of the day or night,
wherever you may be.

My name is (Mr.) Stacey Bindman
and I can always be reached at:

toysearcher@gmail.com






No comments: