Wednesday, March 20, 2024

A Very Nice Surprise

Wednesday, March 20,2024
Clear Skies and Lots of Sunshine
4 ° C / 39.2 ° F

A Very Nice Surprise from an 
Excellent Auctioneer and His Company

 I always remember the "punchline" from the movie with Tom Hanks
acting as Forrest Gump, with the movie of the same name.

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get"

And so it was like that line, when I wrote to Blackwell Auctions,to ask if I might write about their company and of course their toys. I didn't expect this excellent auction house to be selling toys. I was looking through the many pages on LiveAuctioneers, when I saw this very eye-catching  name in a business-card size on the LiveAuctioneers page.  

The name of the company is Blackwell Auctions.


There was a lot of very nice merchandise up for auction. Different 
categories of merchandise, such as art, jewellery, fine watches, stamps, 
baseball cards, and a lot more. I was distracted (in a good way),and started 
to look at all of the nice items sold from past auctions, as well as the current auctions. Then, all of a sudden, I caught a glimpse of toys!

My "Eureka Moment"!

I looked at the toys, and thought that this will be a nice group of toys that I can write about. What I also liked was the photography, and what I sensed was
a sense of caring, no matter that these were toys, and not fine art and name-brand watches.  The photography was superb, and the placement of the toys was 
well-done with nice composition and soft lighting to best show the toys.
As well, the descriptions (write-ups) of the toys were excellent and well-researched. 

After having a fast look at the nice collection of toys, I decided to write to the company, and ask if I might write about the company, as well as use the photos of the toys for a blog. I wrote an e-mail to the company, and usually receive a reply within 3-5 days.  

OK, I can wait.
 
If you follow my blog, you'll know that lately, I've been contacting people and companies whom I've written about, because the statistics from Google Blogger are nearing the 1,000,000 number of visits to my blog. I wanted to add new blogs from the people who helped me out when I first started writing. I would never have thought that when I started to blog back in 2011, that such a number was even possible. Nor did I think I would be  still blogging after so many years.

I think 1 or 2 days past, when I got a brief note from Mr. Edwin Bailey.

Wow! 

That was fast! 

Now that's service!


Description
  Five piece Ives Railway Line Toy Train Set including 4-4-4 locomotive
and three passenger cars 180, 181, 182, and ventilated Refrigerator Car 1778.Passenger cars measure 17" (43.18 cm).


Description
Fleet Line 325 Vagabond battery operated toy model boat with Kiekhaefer
Mark 78A outboard motor. Mercury Manufactured by K&O models inc. 
Boat measures approx. 16 1/4 inches (41.275 cm) long x 7 1/4 inches (18.415 cm).



Description
Black dump truck with a functioning moveable truck bed, likely American
National truck, measuring 25 inches (63.5 cm) in length.

Description
German tin litho windup toy car with original clown driver, 
measuring 10" (25.4 cm) in length, marked on the back D.R.P. ang.


Description
Lot of 3 windup toys including two Lindstrom boats and one unmarked
race car.largest one measuring 11 1/2 inches (29.21 cm) in length.


So that's it for today.
There are lots of toys to see on the 
Blackwell Auctions site on LiveAuctioneers.
I hope that you enjoyed this post, as much as I did writing it.

So that's it for today.
Thanks for dropping by,
and have a great part of the day or night, 
wherever you may be.

I can always be reached at:
toysearcher@gmail.com

No comments: