Sunday, March 17, 2024

It's always nice to visit Z & k Antiques

 Sunday, March 17, 2024
 Overcast and raining
 7° C / 44° F

Another Nice Visit to Z & k Antiques

It's always nice to visit Z & k Antiques. Of course, their toys for sale are very well chosen, and I am always enthused to see what they are selling. But what I also like is to see all of their other categories of items that are being sold. They have carefully selected what is for sale, and they have several interesting categories that I always like to see. 

 Their12 categories are:

              * Advertising            * Folk Art                            * Textiles
              * Americana             * Gameboards                     * Toys 
              * Ceramics               * Mechanical Banks            * Whirligigs & Weathervanes
              * Country Antiques  *  Stoneware                        *  Woodenware

Sometimes, I stray away from their toy section, and wander from one category to another. 
The next thing I realize, is that an hours has past, and I haven't even been to the toy section!
 Their company presents American "treasures"of all kinds. I've always been very inquisitive, and I like to meander around their among the many different sectors to see their fine merchandise.

Alas, I must get back to toys!

I've only selected 1 item to present from their fine grouping of toys. The reason. is that when I visit their website, it's so well designed and organized. And the photography is excellent - simple, superbly photographed, illuminated, and on white. Being a teacher of pro photography, as well a a photographer, I can appreciate all that the 2 owners have done to make their website so nice. 

Bob Zordana and Heidi Kellner are the 2 owners of Z & k Antiques.
           



Description:

"Rare Cast Iron Kenton Sight-Seeing Auto

"Circa 1905: What a pleasure it is to offer this extremely scarce Kenton Sight-Seeing Auto to the antique collecting community! Comic character automotive toys are far and few between, but the hefty 10" Sight-Seeing Auto is in a class of its own. This spectacular example is completely original, including its paint, steering wheel, and its five characters, which include Gloomy Gus, The Sailor, Mama Katzenjammer, Papa Katzenjammer and Happy Holigan, and has no chips, cracks, or repairs. One of the great antique American cast iron toys, the Kenton Sight-Seeing Auto was modelled after the early 20th century tour bus and features its five cohorts ready to take in all the stops contained in the owner's imagination."**

(The above description was copied from the original description on the Z & k website**)

I purposely limited this post to this superb and comical antique Kenton toy.

Bob Zordana and Heidi Kellner will have to "forgive me" for trying to emulate their superb layout, design, and graphic design of their website.

Currently, they have many other fine toys that are for sale or viewing, 
so have a look. 

as always, thanks for dropping by,
and have a great part of the day or night,
wherever you may be.

My name is (Mr.) Stacey Bindman,
and I can always be reached at:

toysearcher@gmail.com

  




  


No comments: