Friday, March 7, 2014

Tootsietoys Revisited - A Continuing Story - Part II

Friday, march 7, 2014
   Sunny, clear sky and warmer


Tootsietoys Revisited-
A Continuing Story-Part II

  I decided earlier this week to revisit Tootsieoys. Consequently, I'll be searching high and lo to write many posts over time about them. If you follow my blog regularly, I've been "toying around" (please excuse the pun) with photo-editing software to enhance these beautiful toys. Of course, than means asking my patrons or people who help me out if I may do so.  

  Today's post images are from an ebay seller by the seller name of Joecool. Some people prefer to be low key and not give their name, so  I respect their wishes. Of course we all have names, Mine on ebay is sib2048, and my email name attached to blogger is toysearcher

   When I saw Joecool's 3 Tootsietoy listings, I knew that I had some fine photo to work with, and they would be even more striking when I enhanced them. We communicated with each other,  and I even sent Joecool some sample enhanced photos.I received the permission, and I was ready to work. What I liked about Joecool's photos were that his photos had 2 items for sale in each of the 3 listings, and that he liked to use different camera angles and wide-angle lenses or wide-angle settings on his zoom lens. Together, the images work quite well.


The above is a straightforward screen-capture image with no adjustments.
In the above image, I  removed some of the foundation (what the toys are string on), and whitened the background.



For the above image, I added the brighter areas called "highlights" in photographic terms.





You can easily see why I was attracted to Joecool's image.  I really didn't have to do much, and what I did does not detract from the quality of the photos already.


Some of the grey removed.

Highlights added.




A great photo. I like how Joecool leaves the back part of the car in the photo!




How can you not love such "cute" toys?





A great wide-angle photo! 

Once again, only part of one vehicle is used, while the other is shown entirely.
I hope Joecool will be selling more Tootsietoys in the future, because his photos are great!

Thanks for dropping by to visit,
and as always have a great part of the day,
wherever you may be.
Stacey

Please feel free to write to me anytime at:
toysearcher@gmail.com







No comments: