Sunday, March 9, 2014

A Rare and Impressive Arcade Truck

Sunday, March 9, 2014
            Sunny, clear and cold


A Rare and Impressive
Arcade Truck

  I was checking on how many page views I had in the last 2 weeks, and Mr. Ron Michaud's post came up as having had a lot more visitors that other posts within the same time span. Naturally, I went to ebay and found many great toys to write about - talk about "Nirvana"! I wrote Ron and asked him if I might "stylize"some of his fine toys, and he gave men permission. I had sent him 3 of my own images to illustrate what I would do. I was going to do this to today's fantastic toy, but decided to just stylize one image.

   This is a majestic toy, and I felt it should be presented as is, with just adjustments for colour-balance. This toy is cation with rubber tires, and is catalogued as Arcade White Moving Van No. 251.  The van has been beautifully restored, and still retain the original tires, and the driver appears to be original.

"Arcade White Moving Van No. 251 restored with original tires. Absolutely gorgeous truck measuring 13 1/2". All the markings are present as seen in the pictures. Rear doors functions perfectly and the driver appears to be original. This is a true collector piece not seen very often. The O'Brien's Collector book and Schroeder's Collectable Toys book value this truck at $4,000 to $4,500 at a C6 and even more for higher grades. Although not original, this restoration is about the best you will find." *
*Description courtesy of Mr. Ron Michaud







 I use a photo-editing software to create the effects above, called "highlights". I first darken the overall image, then use a tool called a "dodging tool" to pass over certain areas and lighten them up. I like the effect, but as I mentioned, this beautiful toy does not need any enhancement. It's beautiful by itself and how Ron photographed it.


This Arcade  WHite Moving Van is very rare,and accordingly it has a high price for potential buyers or "best offers". Ron has taken many photos, and that's great. The reason that I say this, is that often, there are only  4-6 photos on Liveauctioneers or elsewhere for a toy, but Ron has presented a dozen, and I decided to post all of them. This is the first time that I've actually seen so much detail for this particular toy.


Those doors certainly are nice with their hinges and that latch.




What I like about this photo is that outside visor projection over the windshield, the small window in the corner of the door, that small yellow-painted light, and the embossed "White" name.



This is another nice photograph, because I like how the straight-edged lines of the wall and countertop contrast with the round parts of the truck.




 Many cast iron toys usually have the driver positioned into the toy without any screws. In this case a screw is used to firmly keep the driver in his seat.


Another fine photograph. By having a low camera angle , we bend up "looking up" at the toy. The use of a wide-angle for the truck exaggerates the front tires (embossed B.F.Goodrich). This photo is certainly a great image to close today's post.

Thanks for dropping by,
and as always, have a great part of the day or night,
wherever you may be.
Stacey
Please feel free to write to me anytime at"
toysearcher@gmail.com





No comments: