Thursday, March 6, 2014

A New Discovery of a Cast Iron Toy Company

Thursday, March 6, 2014
              Very cold and sunny


A New Discovery of a 
Cast Iron Toy Company

Yesterday, I was browsing through the upcoming March auction at Beetoia Auctions, when I came across a nice cast iron racer. The manufacturer was Jones & Bixler, an American company who I had never heard of. As it turned out, the company manufacturers cast iron toys, and was eventually purchased by the Kenton company.  There was a transitional period, whereby the Jones and Bixler toys ere still made, but eventually the Kenton line and name took over.









Although the company only stayed in business for a short time, 
they certainly made some very nice toys! I especially like the exaggerated proportion of the last silver toy.


Thanks for dropping by, 
and have a great part of the day or night,
whereever you may be.
Stacey
Please feel free to email me at:
toysearcher@gmail.com




No comments: