Monday, March 17, 2014

Fleischmann Boats

Monday, March 17, 2014
          Happy Saint Patrick's Day
     Clear skies, windy, and very cold

Fleischmann Boats

   Two weeks ago, I decided to take a short car ride to the Lachine Canal. The canal had been built long ago to allow ships to travel from Lake Saint Louis to Downtown Montreal. It ceased to function in about 1958 *(I'll better research this), and was replied by the Saint Lawrence (Saint Laurent) Seaway. It now functions as a tourist attraction, and an excellent bicycle path. I went there because I wanted to see what's going on. I went to visit the pier where boats would dock before being pulled in time by horses and later machines. The ice around the pier was melted, and people were fishing for sturgeon and walleye. Finally, there was a "brief inkling" of spring. After that it was back to the deep freeze and cold.  I don't know where you live, but this past February and so far March have been very cold! When is spring going to actually come?

  So with boats on my mind, I decided for today to write about - boats  or are they ships? WHile doing some research, I came across more questions to find answers. I saw the name of today's to company written bot as Fleischmann, and Fleishmann. So were there 2 different companies making boats or one? As well, I came across the company Fleischmann Trains, which I immediately sent an email asking I might write about them. They make exceptional trains, and many, many different kinds. SO today had me asking more questions that knowing answers.








I've seen photos of children playing with boats in Central Part (New York) and in London, wherever their artificial lake is. Montreal has Beaver Lake (on the mountain), and Lafontaine Park. I'm sure a long time ago, children played with their wind-up boats, but in my lifetime, I 've never ever seen a child play with such a toy anywhere. And if they do, they probably play with radio-congtrolled toys.

Thanks for dropping by, 
and as always, 
have a great part of the day or night,
wherever you may be,
Stacey
Please feel free to write to me anytime at:
toysearcher@gmail.com


No comments: