Monday, November 11, 2013

A Store with Lots of Interesting Items

Monday, November 11, 2013
                  (Remembrance Day)


A Store with Lots of Interesting Items

    I was in a lazy mood yesterday, so I stayed indoors most of the day. I contacted 3 people, and 2 replayed right away to say that I had the go ahead to write about them. One of these people is Mark from  ebay. I keep forgetting to ask people for their family name, so when I get the name, I'll add it.
Mr Mark Freeman's  store is called WarPath Collectibles. What caught my attention was a  post WWII Distler convertible. I liked the design of the toy, and the colour theme - red and blue with a nice cream/beige colour for the seating. Mark also sells interesting other items such as early-American arrowheads, copper souvenirs, toy trains, any many other interesting items.




    Of course, if you've been to this blog before, you know that I like sellers. collectors, or auctioneers who take great photography and lots of photos.  As you can readily see, Mark has a flair for fine-quality photos. I just did some minor Photoshop work and placed the Distler against the white background.



I didn't pay much attention to this small toy until I started to bring it to life with Photoshop.
AS I worked on each image, I started to notice how well the toy had been created. The porter has  beautiful  posing and a fine expression. This is what one gets to see when an item is presented with many photos, the nuances from different camera angles, or the toy moved around relative to the camera.  What's also interesting is to have so many different colours on a hand painted toy.


The light post  is most interesting when detailed photos are provided. Also, I learned that the Gong Bell Company produced other things besides pull toy gong bells. Also, I assume that this item was made much later the the 1900'1030 period when the "typical" pull toy Gong Bell toy was made. What I also like is that the street names on the signs are "Main" and State". I always had a smile smile on my face whenever I travel in the States and see the "typical, typical" street names named after trees, states, presidents, and so forth. Of course here in  Montreal and the province of Quebec, you'll find plenty of cities and streets names after saints. 






The Auburn rubber toy above is a relative "youngster" of about 50-60 years "young". I've written about rubber and vinyl toys from earlier times. What amazes me most is that toys were actually made of rubber and that the toys are able to have such detail as in the driver's face. Also, being rubber, these toys do not break as easily as other materials and  have lasted for so long.

I wrote yesterday's post and worked on the photos for this post also yesterday. Thus, I've only presented to you 4 toys, but all very diverse and to me most interesting.

Like Arnold (Schwarzenegger) says in many of his movies "I'll be back".
You can be sure, I'll be returning to Mark's  store searching out for those interesting items.

Thanks for dropping bu to visit,
and have a great part of the day or night,
wherever you may be.
Stacey
toysearcher@gmail.com

No comments: