Monday, November 4, 2013

A Most Interesting Ebay seller from India

Monday, November 4, 2013


A Most Interesting ebay Seller from India

  Yesterday, while browsing on ebay,  I came across an interesting seller. What first caught my attention were the antique toys of the major German manufacturers of those times.  These toys were ones that I had not seen to date. Of course, there are thousands and thousands that I  have not seen. Moreover, this seller was from India,and had lots of other non-toy and old items for sale.  I wrote and got the OK to write, and so thais is my first post from someone from India. Mr. Mradul Singhal wrote me to say that I could write about the company.  Mradul wrote to say that I could use information from  their home website (not ebay) which is  http://laljihandicrafts.com. This company produces Indian furniture that is exported all around the world,and is quite ornate with a far-east flavour. As well, the link to the ebay store is there. I asked Mradal a question about where he finds all these "treasures", but he was busy, and gave me the link.  Of course, I had written to him that India is a very populated country, and is the largest democracy in the world. As well, it has always had links with Europe and especially Great Britain. As such, the importation of toys from afar would have been no different that Canadians importing European toys. 

   I was quite tired yesterday because of Daylight Savings Time, and am still "recovering".  This mostly North American standard has the fall time go back by 1 hour so that children in winter can have daylight in the morning. Of course, darkness at this time of year comes at 16:00 P.m. due to the change. In summer the reverse happens. However the hour doesn't make mu ch difference in the morning as the sun rises very early. However, our sunsets can go to 21:00 P.M. with sunlight lingering in the sky for another 45 minutes.  I'm still "groggy" from the resetting of the time - a sort of jet lag!  As such,I will only present several toys today, but will return to the ebay store called Traders of Lost Art  tomorrow. 










The last photo above of the undercarriage helps you understand how the toy operated and created that "bucking" motion.


I took several single photos and assembled them together.  Don't forget that you can view these photos at larger magnification in Google Blogger's slide mode. It's truly amazing that so many items, especially toys have survived for so long.

That's what makes collecting so much interesting for generation after generation. 


Thanks for dropping by,
and as always, have a great part of the day,
wherever you may be.
Stacey
Feel free to write me anytime at:
toysearcher@gmail.com

No comments: