Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Randy's Toy Shop - A Master Restoration

Wednesday, July 24, 2013


Randy's Toy Shop- A Master restoration

  When I make a request to someone or a company, I am aware that these people are quite busy. Consequently, although I may have 1000's (I am very inquisitive) of  questions, and many requests, I can only ask for so much. Randy, of Randy'sToyShop who has an outstanding store on E-Bay and also his own website  http://www.randystoyshop.com is a successful and well-respected toy seller. However, he's also a master craftsman (in my opinion), when it comes to restoration. He even emphasizes that well on his own website (Please click here)

  I've written about Randy before, but didn't want to bother him in asking for samples of his restorations. My blog later this week is exactly about restorations - but in that case, it will be about restored antique toys that have sold. So when I was on E-Bay, I somehow caught a glimpse of a nice red firetruck for sale, and it was restored. Not only that, but it was restored by Randy!

  I'm going to post this today, and then e-mail Randy and surprise him. I've removed the background from his numerous photos for the sale on E-Bay (Please click here to go to E-Bay and Randy's listing).























"HERE WE ARE SELLING A 1929 BUDDY L WATER TOWER TRUCK. THIS TRUCK HAS RECEIVED AN IMMACULATE RESTORATION. YOU PUMP UP THE AIR PRESSURE THROUGH A BREAST PUMP UNDER THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT TO A WATER TANK AT THE REAR OF THE TRUCK. RAISE THE TOWER INTO THE AIR AND SHOOT A WATER STREAM FROM 30 FEET RIGHT LEFT UP OR DOWN. YOU CONTROL IT THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST DESIRABLE FIRE TRUCKS MADE BY BUDDY L AND MEASURES A WHOPPING 43 INCHES LONG. BEAUTIFUL BRASS AND CHROME ACCENTS ON THIS TRUCK"*

*http://www.ebay.com/itm/1920s-BUDDY-L-WATER-TOWER-PRESSED-STEEL-TRUCK-IMACULATE-RESTORATION-/230897122283?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item35c28a7beb

Randy did not do this restoration, but he has in fact restored plenty of toys excellently.

What's also impressive with this 1929 Buddy "L" toy is that it measures 43"  or 1.092M. What also interests me is the fact that this toy can spray to a distance of 30 feet (9.15M).
Now that would be a "blast" to play with my dog Buddy on a hot summer day.  
Of course , my wife Heidi would  call the SPCA to complain about animal cruelty!


Thanks for visiting,

and have a great part of the day, 
wherever you may be.

Stacey
(toysearcher@gmail.com)



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very impressive webpage - we at Randy's Toy Shop are very grateful for customers such as yourself. Thank you for your kind words, and obvious referral. We look forward to doing business with you and many others that have the same passion such as yourself.

Sincerely,
Heather Ibey
Accounts Manager
Randy's Toy Shop