Tuesday, August 6, 2024

An Exceptional Grouping of Meccano Toys up for Auction from Milestone Auctions




Tuesday, August 6, 2024
Sunny and hot
22° C / 71.6° F

An Exceptional  Group
of Old Meccano Airplanes

I was browsing for toys on LiveAuctioneers, when I came across a wonderful grouping of old Meccano airplanes.These beautiful planes will be part of a Milestone Auctions auction on LiveAuctioneers. That auction will start on August 24, 2024.


There is a nice grouping of toys, but my attention was focussed on the Meccano toys, with most of the listings of finished toys (no kits shown). I'm partial to Meccano, because that's how I started my blog, some 14 years ago!

Above
Original Bi-Wing Sea Plane
Width: 18" (45.7 cm)


Above:
Original Bi-Wing Sea Plane
Width: 20" (50.8 cm)

Above:
Large Meccano Ford Tri-Motor Sea Plane
Width (wingspan) 20" (50.8 cm) x Length (14 1/2" (36.8 cm)
Pressed steel with cast iron motors


Above:
Original Bi-Wing Sea Plane
Width: 20" (50.8 cm) wingspan x 18" (45.7 cm) length

If you take a look at this auction, you'll see plenty of nice finished Meccano airplanes, as well as a fabulous collection of Schuco toys.

I'm saddened when someone sells a collection that they have amassed over many years. On the other hand, these toys will find their ways into many different homes, and will again be enjoyed over time.

That's what collecting is all about!


So that's it for today.

Thanks for visiting my blog, and as always,
have a great part of the morning, afternoon, or evening, wherever
you may be.

My name is (Mr.) Stacey Bindman,
and I can always be reached at:

toysearcher@gmail.com















No comments: