Sunday, December 15, 2013

Flat Antique Tin-Lead Toy Soldiers

Monday, December 16, 2013
  (Cold, blowing snow, and Cleaning up)



Flat Antique Tin/Lead Toy Soldiers

   I like to return to my guests who have allowed me to post, in order that I can post again in the future. Sometimes, I wait a long time, and sometimes I post when I have a specific topic in mind.  Thus was the case with a fine British ebay store and a store actually in historic Portsmouth, England. The store in point is called The antiques storehouse. I wrote about this fine store and 
Mr. Andrew Bennett. If I had the time, I would write about antiques, and antiques is where you'll plenty in Andrew's exceptional store. I spent an hour on Andrew's website just looking at anything but toys! It's like a museum there, and of course there are written descriptions to understand what you are viewing.

   I had seen plenty of toy soldiers that were different from the ones I had usually seem before.  I kept them in mind,and yesterday night with lots of snow, and my wife busy grading student assignments from her interior design course, I had some time to return to  The antiques storehouse, and have another look at those toy soldiers.

   When I saw looked at them and their written descriptions, these were different. They weren't round,but were flat. There weren't any photos of their backside, so I 'm wondering if they're unfinished and unpainted and hollow, or if they're actually exactly the same on the back ,but simply flat. What I like though is that they are nicely painted,and the flat appearance seems to have a "motion" or movement to some of the figures.










Sadly, the second rider in the above quartet appears to have been shot!

The shading of different colours makes the small figures have a more 3D effect.
It's hard to believe that all of these fine toys were hand-painted, and perhaps millions of them were produced over the lifetime of the company. 
* I've posted this on Sunday although the date is Monday.
This was due to the inclement (bad) weather that we were having.


Thanks for dropping by, 
and have a great part of the day or night,
wherever you may be.
Stacey
toysearcher@gmail.com












No comments: