Sunday, December 15, 2013

Lots and Lots of Nice Detailed Photos

Sunday, December 15, 2013
     (Very cold, windy, and lots of snow)


Lots and Lots of Detailed Photos

   Yesterday, I was browsing through the ebay listings, when a nice Gunthermann firetruck caught my attention. I had seen it before, but decided to look anyway. What I discovered were a lot of fine photos of this particular item. So I then decided to look some more at other listings by the same person, and sure enough there were many photos for each particular listing. Naturally, I decided to select this store and owner for today's post,but had to send an e-mail. I got a reply right away, and I was able to post for today.

   Mr. Tomás Guerrero lives in the USA but frequently returns to his native home of Spain where he likes to buy Spanish toys. His  ebay store is called  Ye Olde Collectibles Barn and there you can find lots of interesting items besides toys. 



he graphic design of the lithography is fantastic. I like the firemen who remind me of the movie Fahrenheit 451. I especially like the rear cutouts that partially expose the tires.





What's great about so many photo is  that you get to see all of the parts of the toy. In the photo above, you can see the serrated gear edges to understand how the ladder changes angles as it is cranked. You also get to see the condition of the toy from all angles. In this case, except for scratches on the ladder, the condition overall is very good.


The underside photos of the truck illustrate a feature that was not described in writing - the front wheels turn. You also get to see the excellent condition of the underside, the bell-ringing mechanism, and the well-made gears for movement.  





In the above set of photos, you get to see the Memo Logo. I never heard of this company until today!
What I always like about pressed steel, or in this case tin toys, is how the huge machines that cut the tin, and then pressed it  would have been designed by the designers and engineers.  The roof part would be pressed under tons of pressure, and then would form the shape.  I have a friend who makes industrial shelving, and his machines are unbelievable. Most are I believe  are British , and they are at least 60-80 years old. What fascinates me is how strong and well-made they are.


In this view, you also get to see that this toys had front turning wheels.


I always admired how German wind-up toys come with large-sized keys. Not only did they figure that a young child would have lots of torque (twisting power) with a larger key, but that the key would be easier to not get lost! What also in interesting is how big the wind-up mechanism is for such a small toy!

For sure, I'll be returning to  Tomás' fine store to search out more toys in the New Year.
I just can't get enough of that detail from this toys!


Thanks for visiting,
and have a great part of the day,
wherever you may be.
Stacey
toysearcher@gmail.com





No comments: