Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Teamed Toys of Gebruder Einfalt

Sunday, September 29, 2013
    Sunny and Clear Skies Again - Great!


The Teamed Toys of Einfalt Gebruder

    Yesterday, I came across a toy made by Gebruder Einfalt, a German manufacturer from the early 19th century to the 1970's. I can't find much information about the company, but I'll keep searching. Of course, with a name like that, I know I had never heard of the company, nor ever posted. Of course, living in North America, we don't often see many old and antique toys,except for the "big names" of the time. Today, I'm sure the story is different, especially with trvsl being available for many, and the Net being available to most.

    I found a few Einfalt toys that were not teamed up,but decided to just write about the "teams", which in many cases is more a pair pair of "fighters". The toys are often bi-symmetrical , meaning that the both halves are identical (except for a different paint scheme).  All of the toys presented today are lithographed tin, which was common in Germany in the later 19th  and early 20th centuries As well, the toys all have key-mound mechanism for movement.










When I did some Photoshop on this toy, I noticed that the matador was lithographed with different colours on each side. I had started to try and remove the yellow/green colour of the bottom bull, but stopped, having realized noticed the two sides of the matador.

If anyone has more information about the Gebruder Einfalt company, and has photos as well, by all means please write. I'm always happy and willing to add a post about you and your toys, or to add a supplement to a past post.

Thanks for dropping by.

and as always, have a great part of the day or night,
wherever you may be.
Stacey
toysearcher@gmail.com