Thursday, September 19, 2013

An Exceptional Story - Part II

Thursday, September 19, 2013


An Exceptional Story
Part II

On September 15, I introduced you to the late Marv Silverstein of New Era Restoration Toys. Mr. Silverstein was a master restoration "artist" who crafted wonderful restorations in a most innovative manner. He would take old toy trucks and cars and modify them to new designs. But not just any design! These cars and today, these fine trucks were beautifully redesigned, but for the era in which the original toys existed. As I had mention in the earlier post, I had frequently misread "New Era,simply thinking that whenever I saw these words, it meant that the toys I viewed were of a modern design, rather than having been made by a company by the name of "New Era".  I would have liked to have seen Marv Silverstein's sketches to see how he would rework each toy to his own creation.
















I didn't say much today, but as the old expression goes - "a picture is worth a thousand words".
In this case, Marv's unique work is worth an encyclopaedia!


Thanks for dropping by,
and as always,
have a great part of the day or night,
wherever you may be.

Stacey
toysearcher@gmail.com





No comments: