Sunday, July 14, 2024

Toys of Times Past Revisited

Sunday, July 14, 2024
30° C / 86° C
Sunny with Clear Skies

Toys of Times Past Revisited

It's been a long time since I wrote about this excellent company - Toys of Times Past.
I'm a bit puzzled by the excellent company. I did a search, and the most updated listing 
I could find was an auction from July 8, 2022 on the auction website Invaluable.


So if any of my readers can help me find out what the latest status is of 
Toys of Times Past, would you please write to me at toysearcher@gmail.com

I'm posting today about a most-interesting toy.

It's a beautiful 
"1910 French Horse Racing Parlour Gambling Game"

This fine toy reminded me of a set of 6 small horses (probably painted lead figures)
that I purchased for my wife on ebay 14years ago. The reason for purchasing the small
horse racers was because it reminded me of my wife's late father. 

He liked to go to the Montreal racetrack- Attractions Hippique 
(originally called Blue Bonnets) that closed down  on October 13, 2009 due to bankruptcy.
The owners had asked the Quebec Government for financial aid, but the government refused.
As a result, the race track closed down, and part of it became a shopping centre.
Currently, the rest of the huge lot will be developed for housing.







So that's it for today.

Thanks for dropping by to read my blog,
and if you can help me find out
the status of this fine company,
I would be very happy.

Have a great part of the day or night,
wherever you may be.

toysearcher@gmail.com

(Mr.) Stacey Bindman
























 


No comments: