Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Copake Auctions Inc.Revisited

Wednesday, July 10, 2024
Overcast with Rain,
24° C / 77° F

Copake Auctions Inc. Revisited

 Good Day everyone.

My first blog post was on January 11, 2011. I'm a fan of movies, 
and what came into my mind is the 1994 movie with Tom Hanks playing Forrest Gump in the movie of the same name. 

One of his expressions was"

"Life was like a box of chocolates.
You never know what you're gonna get."

And so it is with me. I started to blog by coincidence (you'll have to go to my first post to see how I started), and just last week, I wrote my 1600 hundredth post.

I've been revisiting all of the people and companies who have helped me out 
over the last 14 years, and one of them is 
Copake Auctions Inc.

They sell all kinds of merchandise, but I've always focussed on their 
fine supply of old toys that have come to the marketplace over the years. 
Anyway, when I decided to revisit them today, I saw that they be having
an upcoming bicycle on October 12, 2024 at 9:00 A.M.(EST).

And that's their 32nd Annual Bicycle Auction.

By now, I'm sure some of you are wondering where I'm going with this blog post,so here's the answer. I'm narrating this post more than usual, so I hope
you'll like more of a "story".

I'm a cyclist and try to get out in the summertime for 2-3 times a week. Up here in Montreal,Quebec,Canada, I'm lucky if I get to start cycling in May and continue into October.

OK, I'll stop the narrative here, and come back to focus on Copake Auction.
They are located in Copake, New York, USA.

I've had the pleasure of writing about them for years now, and they always have a great selection of fine toys whenever there is a toy auction.

However, I got a wonderful surprise, when I saw their bicycle auction, their 31st bicycle auction! 

It was their 31st Cycle Auction on  October 21, 2023.

Above:

"1886 Pony Star. Serial number one. Rare green paint. 42". Good Condition.
"Pony" star high wheel safety, [atemted by George Pressey of
Hammonton NJ, produced by H.B. Smith Machine Co. Smithville NJ. 
Ed Berry Collection. Comes with custom stand. Believed to have been painted green and sold by WW Stahl. Believed to be the rarest Star known."


Above:

1876 Ariel high wheel bicycle. 54, good restored condition. Comes with custom stand. Very scarce example. Ed Berry Collection. Comes with brass Ariel medal.



Above:

"Circa 1880's Star high wheel bicycle. Manufactured by H.B. Smith Co., 
Smithville New Jersey, USA. 48" James Hetzer Collection, New Hampshire.
Good Condition"


Above:

Circa 1880's Kangaroo dwarf safety bicycle.38" front wheel.
Motion driver front wheel by lever and cranks. Original
condition.Hillman, Herbert, & Cooper of Coventry (Premier Works).
Margaret Ann Baker Collection.


Above:

Gormully & Jeffrey child's 30" two track tricycle.New rubber 
and leather, repro wheelie bar, otherwise original
unrestored original condition. Original decals and striping visible,
James Hetzer Collection New Hampshire.


Of course, by now, you're wondering why I wrote a blog post about bicycles. 
I "stretched" the category of "toys" for today, because I'm a cyclist.

I cycle in Montreal,Quebec, Canada (where I live) in the summer, 
and so you'll have to read my next blog post, to find out about my summer passion of cycling.

Thanks to the wonderful collection of old bicycles from Copake Auction,
I was invigorated to wrote this post.


As always, 
Have a great part of the day or night,
wherever you may be.

My name is (Mr.) Stacey Bindman
and I can always be reached at

toysearcher@gmail.com














No comments: