Friday, April 12, 2024

Another Fine Book from Schiffer Publishing Ltd

Friday, April 12, 2024
22° C  / 72 ° F
Overcast with mild winds


Another Fine Book from 
Schiffer Publishing Ltd

This is my third book review from Schiffer Publishing Ltd. These special books 
on toys fall into a group titled "A Schiffer Book for Collectors".

The title of this book is:

Tinplate Toys
(From Schuco, Bing, and Other Companies)
 Jürgen Franzke, Editor

Revised 2nd Edition

Size:  
Width x Height 
8 1/2" x 11"
21.5 cm x 28 cm

The book is well-written, and has plenty of well-photographed
toys. The book is written  exclusively about German toy, with such famous 
names as Schuco, Bing, Arnold, Distler, Doll & Co., Fischer, Gama,
and many others. 

The first thing that I noticed is the excellent photography. The style 
of photography today, especially for toys, is soft lighting from what is called a "softbox" flash unit, with a white foundation used for the base on which the toy rests on.

This type of lighting, combined with a white foundation,
presents the toys in the best way. The white base helps to reflect
light into parts of the toy, and  the toy shows  well.


















The 2 Bing railcars above are one of my favourites from this post. I've never seen these toys before and they were manufactured by Bing in 1930.

Wow, 94 years ago. How time flies!

They were from a collector by the name of Mr. Manfred Seeberger.
The Tinplate Toys book shows the estimated price at the time of publication
as $2100-$3100 (I assume US Dollars).

When I have time,
I'll see if I can find current prices on the Internet.

If there is anyone out there who would like to help me out, 
and check for current prices, please feel free to do so.

So that's it for today.

As always, thanks for dropping by,
and have a great part of the day 
or night, wherever you may be.

My name is (Mr.) Stacey Bindman,
and I can always be reached at:

toysearcher@gmail.com


















 

No comments: