Saturday, April 6, 2024

Bill Buttaggi Finds the Answer to a Reader's Question

Saturday, April 6, 2024
5 °C / 51° F
Overcast with rain


The Sherlock Holmes of Toy Identification
finds an answer to a reader's toy

or 

(Bill Buttaggi  Finds the Answer to a Reader's 
Question About an Unidentified Toy)

On April 4, 2024, I wrote a blog post for Donna Walsh. Donna had purchased 
some old toys for her son, but didn't know the name of the manufacturer of one.
Donna asked me if I could help. 

I said yes, but asked her to send me some photos of the toy. 
What I did was to make a composite larger-sized photo 
of all of the toy images that she had sent to me.


I searched for about 30 minutes, but I couldn't find the answer for Donna. 
However, what I did know was an excellent Toy merchant (seller) of toys.

His name is (Mr.) Bill Buttaggi, and his website is:





I e-mailed Bill, and sent him an attached composite photo of 
all the photos that Donna sent me. I got an answer from Bill within a day, 
and he send me his Sherlock Holmes photo attachments* from which he solved
 "The Case of the Unidentified Toy".

The photos are from page 74 of a book that I also happen to have.

The book is:

Rubber Toy Vehicles
Identification and Value Guide
Author:  Mr. David Leopard
Publisher: Collectors Books
A Division of Schroeder PublishingCo., Inc

I didn't scan and post the page because I always ask for permission beforehand.
I'll be sending  an e-mail after I add this post to my blog, and hope that
I will get a "yes" answer.*

However, Bill did give me some web addresses that I can refer you to,
and also wrote the answer below:

"Hi Stacey,
I look forward to reading the new posts you have coming up and let me know if you need anything!

Based on the bottom of this panel truck, I suspected it's a rubber toy. So I looked at my reference book (Rubber Toy Vehicles by Dave Leopard) and sure enough, I found it.

It was made by the Barr Rubber Products Company sometime around 1935-1936. It is
the BT02 Ford Panel Truck 4 1/4" long

Once I figured out what it was, I did a search on the Internet and found a few examples."


So that's it for today.
As always, thanks for dropping by,
And have a great time of the day or night,
wherever you may be.

And please feel free to write me anytime:
I can be reached at toysearcher@gmail.com

(Mr.) Stacey Bindman

No comments: