Saturday, February 13, 2016

Jay's Models Revisited

Saturday, February 13, 2016
Cloud, wind, and extremely cold



Jay's Models Revisited








   If you've filled this blog over time, you'll know that I almost exclusively dedicate the blog to old (Pre-1940) and antique (True 100 year old) toys. 

   However, on occasion, I have "broken the rule" and written about toys, and in this case, models.
I had thought above this when I first posted about Jays Models, but the website and content was so excellent, I just had to share this "great discovery" with everyone.

   I did a fast selection of items to present, but I hope you'll venture over to Jays Models to actually see the plethora of models that they have. For some reason, Jays Models is one of my most frequented posts, and so it must really  known around the world!

   THe website displays size in terms of scale. So when you see a 1:50 scale, this means that the toy is 50x smaller than the actual real machine that it is modelled after.  On the website, there are some very large-sized cranes that sell for thousands of dollars. Some stand more than  1.5 meters
 ( 5 1/2 feet) tall!










So that's it for this very cold day. It's the coldest day so far for 2016, and I hope it will be the last!

Thanks for dropping by,
and as always,
have a great part of the day or night,
wherever you may be.

Stacey Bindman

toysearcher@gmail.com

No comments: