Thursday, January 30, 2014

A Surprise Request - Wheatland Auction Services

Thursday, January 30, 2014
             (Cold and Partly Sunny)


A Surprise Request
Wheatland Auction Services

  I checked my mailbox yesterday and found a surprise request.  Kim Briner from the Wheatland Auction Services Company had sent me an email with a request which I've presented below:

Hi there!

I found your blog and was very interested in the items you highlight!  I am the Sr. Auction Coordinator for Wheatland Auction Services and we're hosting a Vintage Toy and Comic Collectible Auction in Pennsylvania.  I have a few Rempel Rubber Toys (among other vintage items- Hartland Plastics, etc.) up for bid and thought you or your followers might be interested.  The auction will be Live AND Online so anyone can bid and own!  Thanks in advance, just trying to reach out to potential collectors.  

TOY AUCTION LINK-
Please click here to see the auction listings
(search Rempel)

Have a wonderful rest of your week!
Kim Briner*

   I went to their website to see what I could find in terms of old and antique toys. They are an auction company that works with estates, as well as auctioning sports cards and memorabilia.  

Wheatland is well known for our MONTHLY Sports Auctions which are hosted both LIVE and ONLINE!  With 40 combined years of experience and knowledge in the area of sports memorabilia, we are the auction company you can trust to get you the biggest return for your consigned items as a seller and great realized prices at auction as a buyer!  Please contact us is you would like to apply to consign items with us!*

* Courtesy of Wheatland Auction Services

  I'm always looking for new "guests" to appear on my blog, so I was happy that Kim wrote to me. I searched out their current upcoming auction and was able to find some interesting items to present today.






Every baby and child under the age of 3 probably has had a squeaker in his or her time. 
I'll have to do some research on the Rempel company, but these squeakers are certainly nice collectibles, and they still work!






What's of interest in the above photo montage are the last 2 comic books.
I'm "assuming" that of you purchased candy bars or  box of cereal, you could get a comic book with either enough candy wrappers or cereal box tops.

When I was a "kid", everyone had comic books.I didn't have any of the ones above. I was a Superman reader, as well as a "Classics" reader. The "Classics" were for those kids who didn't want to read a 400 page book, but wanted to get a  fast read with pictures.


The above 2 die cast airplanes are modern-era toys. 
They're actually quite nice as collectables for today.

   I didn't find any old and antique metal toys, but the comic books and the squeakers certainly can count as old. Comic books and trading cards (as we called them in the 1950's) will always be in demand and collectible. So if you're interested, please drop by the Wheatland Auction Services website or if you're near them in Pennsylvania (USA), you can go to the live auctions.

Thanks for dropping by,

and have a great part of the day or night

wherever you may be.

Stacey
toysearcher@gmail.com





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacey,
I just found your blog via amazon. I used to sell and collect comics online. Right now my passion is animal rescue so I sell comics wholesale to comic shops and donate the money. I have always loved toys, they are so beautiful. I am learning about toys and collecting and I hope within a year or two to begin selling online and using any profits to help fund pet rescues.
As far as toys go I only buy what I like and have no set pattern on the style. For example I bought a toy car called a shotput toy made by the bombay toy company in India. It was a handheld rail, you slide the car on the rail and release the lever and the car shoots down the road. I bought it because it had the package that said BOMBAY toy company.It looked like it was from the 50's. I could imagine myself as a kid bragging to the other kids that I had a toy all the way from Bombay India and most likely it was delivered by magic carpet.
Keep up the good work and I will follow this excellent blog.

toysearcher said...

Hello Anonymous,

Thanks for commenting. It's very philanthropic of you to help with your time and money towards animal rescue. If you'd ever like to be a guest on my blog, please feel to write.
My e-mail address is at the bottom of the latest posts,and all I need are nice photographs, descriptions, and a story.

Take care,

(Mr.) Stacey Bindman
Author of this blog