Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Near-Mint 1950's Doepke Jaguar Car

Sunday, January 26, 2013
           ( Sunny and Very Cold)


A Near-Mint 1950's Doepke Jaguar Car

     My maximum budget when I was buying on ebay was about $ 250.00. For that amount, I was able to purchase some of the Doepke toys. If you look for the Doepke name on the right side of this page, you will find some of the Doepke toys that I wrote about in my earlier posts. As 2 examples, I had purchased a Doepke Barber-Greene bucket loader and  a Jaeger cement mixer. These toys were heavy, well-made, and made to play with in the bard yard. They are also quite heavy. Of course, I never purchased one of these in the condition of today's Jaguar. It's in near-mint condition!

   I saw this particular toy a few days ago, and wrote to the ebay seller. Mr. Tom Harkness wrote back to give me the permission to write about this toy. I'll write an introductory post later this week about Tom and his fine store, but for today, the Jaguar  gets "prime space".

Tom Harkness













This car was being sold as a finished and assembled item. However, it originally came as a kit that would be assembled. Not only would a child  be able to put together the toy, but he or she could play with it later.

Talk about having fun!


Thanks for dropping by to visit,
and as always, have a great part of the day or night,
wherever you may be.
Stacey
toysearcher@gmail.com



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just received the factory red jag. I also have one of the blue ones. I see there is a lot of different details. The red one casting is the same as yours. The blue one came from a guy, who received it as a gift back in the 50s, so has clearly been the way he received it. Do you have any details on manufacturing changes?