Sunday, October 6, 2013

Yes,We Have Other Colours - Black!

Sunday, October 6, 2013


Yes, We have Other Colours - Black

   I've been working around the house preparing for winter (ugh!). I've been moving more of our summer furniture inside our basement storage area. Also, this week, I decided to build garden tool cart. It took a while to figure out how to make it. I had purchase a 4 shelf rack, but it was poorly designed to assemble. I wrote the company to "suggest" a better design, but like many companies, they don;t bother to reply - their loss! And so, I decide to build one out of wood.  It came out quite well, but of course, it took trial and error, and some learning. So today, I'm back to writing.

    There's a famous story about Henry Ford in his early years with the success of his cars.  After making hundreds of thousands of cars in black, a reporter asked Henry if he was ever going to make his cars in any other colour. He answered "Yes, in black".

    Bertoia auctions has a Christmas Auction coming up in about 60 days, and their first listings at their website are all black cast iron cars. So that's my post for today. They photographed the cars on black, but they show better against white, which I have done lately in Photoshop, I wonder if  Mr. Henry Ford would approve?








I like the way the red gas pump enhances the vertical composition of the 6 composite photo pairings.
Of course, Mr. Ford eventually added other colour choices to his line of cars.  It just took him a "bit' longer than everyone else.

Thanks for dropping by,

and a great part of the day or night,
wherever you may be.
Stacey 
toysearcher@gmail.com



No comments: