Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Marklin Ships

Tuesday, October 29, 2013


The Marklin Ships

   The other day, I wrote about Bing ships. I already had in mind to write about other companies, and Marklin ships would follow. Both companies produced exceptional tin floating toys in the early decades of the 20th century,. However, the Marklin ships are the most prized of all. Today's post is just an introduction to these fine toys. The highest-paid and highest bid ships will eventually follow.
These toys were most probably made for people who were exceptionally wealthy, as you can see form the amount of work that would have gone into the production of these toys. There are lots of detail to the ships, and the most-prized Marklin ships even came with their own (I'm guessing) dollies on wheels and pull string.






The ships presented today are the "small" ones. When I post the most-expensive ships bid up at auction, you will understand why I called today's ships "small".


Thanks for dropping by,
and have a great part of the day or night,
wherever you may be.
Stacey
write to me anytime at:
toysearcher@gmail.com

No comments: