Sunday, April 14, 2013

Orobr Toys - Part II

Sunday, April 14, 2013


Orobr Toys - Part II

     Yesterday, I wrote about the Orobr  brand of toys. I liked them so much, that I decided to add another post, which of course is today's post. What I liked about them is their design, attention to detail, and their cost. As it turned out, the company was able to produce these nice toys at a lower cost than most, yet the detail, and adding a mechanical movement for motion was also included. 




I have no idea what that yellow ribbon is doing in the bed of the truck.
This truck not only was able to move, but it could stop or move backwards!





This particular car did not yield as high a final bid as other toys. I have a feeling that it must have been very popular and/or less costly to purchase. As a result, there are a lot of them on today;s market in North America.

I particularly like that "extra touch", by having included the spare wheel and tire!




Again, notice the extra wheel and tire. But what's even more interesting is that the 2 rear passenger doors open and close. There is even a small license plate at the back of the taxi.


I like the design of the wheels  and the gold-colour.



The Packard Roadster (above) certainly is beautiful. The rear "rumble seat" opens and closes . Then there is the added spare tire at the rear, and the beautiful grill with the name "Packard". Also, take a look at those large headlights. What also attracted my attention is the rear design of the car top. Look at the right rear part of the back top to see all of the bends needed on an assembly line , as well as that small rod that is angled between the roof and the side.


Finally, this  paddlewheel cruiser. I especially like the flag that was bent to simulate its movement in the wind. Also, that small lifeboat is just so "cute".  The key-wind barrel spring mechanism transferred power to the 2 large wheel on each side of the boat. They would turn and propel the boat on the ground.


It's amazing that these toys are in such great shape for having been around for almost 100 years. I'm sure they'll be around for another 100 years!


If you're reading this today (April 14, 2013), then have a great Sunday, and if you've stopped by at some other time, then have a great part of the day, wherever you my be.

Also, thanks for dropping by to visit.
Stacey



No comments: