Monday, March 26, 2012

Restoration-Part 3

Monday, March 26, 2012


Restoration-Part 3

     Hello everyone. Well, the weather this morning was certainly a surprice, but not unusual for this time of year. After last week's record-breaking temperatures in the mid-high 60 degrees Fahrenheit (18-20 degrees Celcius), we certainly soon forget what March cab be. This morning it was  28 degrees Fahrenheit or -3 degrees Celcius!

     Returning to the 2 Hubley # 5 restorations, the work is progressing.  When I was photographing the 2 Hubley racers, I realized that there is still lots of work to be done! I also realized that like any work project, you can put as much time as you want to get the quality that you want. 

    I'm going to put 2 more days of body work, then apply the final auto primer (paint coat), then the finishing paint colours (spelled colors for my American readers). I'm comfortable for now with my work, but I don't think any auto-body shop (car repair shop)is going to be phoning me for a job!.

I've included the first set of photos along with the latest repairs to show you the progress.









I'm going to list these 2 toys with their parts for a starting price of $ 45.00 US. I might leave the repairs of the axle body holders (on the car body)for a more-experienced "body-shop) man.

I have someone who asked if he could just but buy the 3 cast-iron plated racer drivers, and I said yes. Then another seller asked the same. The drivers alone are worth that price, but then everyone who buys wants a "good price", so I'll continue to keep you informed. I don't know if  I'll get my starting price, but if not, I can always sell everything off piece-by-piece. By as a seller, it's just not worth the effort or time.

Since I'm writing 2 blog instalments today, wait till you see the next  one! Of course, if you're new, you'll only see that one. I'm going to mention in that blog for readers to go back a day to visit this blog on restoration.

Have a great morning, afternoon or evening wherever you are, and as always thatnak for reading my blog.








No comments: