Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Large Auburn Rubber Toy Racer

Thursday March 22, 2012


A Large Auburn Toy Racer

For a long time, I've had my eyes on purchasing this particular Auburn toy racer.  I finally purchased this one. It has some damage to the front where a string would be tied in the hole (ripped )and then pulled along.

 It measures a large 10" (L) x 4" (W) x 3" (H)

or

254mm x 101mm x 76mm.

The toy is of course rubber, and was made in the late 1950's or early 1960's What nice about this toy is the fine detail. I've lit the toy and taken photographs to try and show to you the nice detail that this toy has. LIke most rubber toys, there is lots of small detail, especially with those made in the later 1940's and early 1950's.



 ILook at the small details.
The quick-opening gas cap, the rivet holes, and the pattern of the leather helmet.


INotice the grip of the hand on the steering wheel, the mask over the mouth, and the goggles.
I especially like the wrinkles in what was most likely a leather coat.



I photographed this toy to present the detail.

For my other blog, I will photograph this toy with more dramatic lighting, with lots of light and dark tones.

This toy is going to be a challenge to come up with some nice photos for that blog!

The address for my other blog is prophotolearning.blogspot.com

If you're reading this blog today (Wednesday, March 21,2012), you will know that I sometimes like to write 2 blogs per day. In this way, I have more time for doing other things tomorrow.

My dog Buddy is waiting for his afternon walk, so I'll bid everyone adieu (goodbye).

As always, thanks for dropping by, and have a great morning, afternoon, or evening.




No comments: