Sunday, March 30, 2025
Overcast and Damp
2° C/ 35° F
A Less-Noticed Item that went to Auction
and Soared in Price
(from the Lloyd Ralston Gallery)
I've been writing blog posts for the Lloyd Ralston Gallery for a while. The Ralston family has been in business for 47 years., and have become well-known for their fine and well-organized auctions, with lots of interesting items up for sale. They've allowed me to write about their fine toys, and I'm much appreciative to them
It's always nice to see a company continue from generation to generation, as well as mature and expand over time.
"In 1978, Lloyd and Ruth Ralston got their first antique you collection for auction, and it's been a success story ever since. Now run by Glenn and Liane Ralston, they hold 8 to 10 auctions a year and have a large and loyal worldwide clientele."
I was looking on the Internet fort what to write today, and decided to write a post about a recent Lloyd Ralston Gallery auction. The Gallery is now on LiveAuctioneers, and that is where I went to see their latest auction.
However, when I went to their main page on LiveAuctioneers, I noticed something that caught my eye.
Please click on this sentence to redirect to their Main Page on LiveAuctioneers
What caught my attention were 2 words - "Record Results". What that meant were the results of items that had very high final bid results. I redirected to that page and found an item that was interesting for the fact that it was a cardboard container box for a set of Lionel Trains
from 1928!!!
Whoa! Now that's something. A beautiful lithographed and coloured cardboard
container that was in very good condition from 1928 - 97 years old,
and soon to reach a century - 100 years!!!

I hope you'll be as surprised as I was to see the final winning bid priceon this beautiful box that once contained a beautiful train set.
There's a old famous expression:
"Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater"
What it means is that something might accidentally be thrown out without realizing its' true value.
So the next time, you buy something with a nice container, keep it.
Keep it first to protect what you purchased, but keep the container for
protecting that item. And in the cast of colour, keep the
item out of direct sunlight.
You never know, what the value of the container may be.
Thanks for visiting my blog.
My name is Mr. Stacey Bindman
and I can always be reached at
toysearcher@gmail.com
No comments:
Post a Comment