Wednesday, February 7, 2024

A Fabulous 2-Day Auction of Toys (and Collectibles) by Dan Morphy Auctions

Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Mostly Clear Skies
-4° C / 24° F

A Fabulous 2-Day Auction of Toys (and Collectibles) 
from Dan Morphy Auctions 


A most-interesting 3-day auction is coming up February 14-16, 2024. 
Since Dan Morphy Auctions has joined LiveAuctioneers, I rarely visit his website. However, when I just visited today, I was very impressed with his new website.  A good number of American toy auctioneers have joined LiveAuctioneers to show and auction their collections of toys. You can still visit Dan Morphy's website or you can visit Dan Morphy's auctions on Liveauctioneers.  

What I've noticed in the last several years is the change of toy photography. When I started to blog, I would photograph my toys on different colours on brown burlap or grey seamless paper.  After a few years of buying and selling toys to write about them on my blog, I decided go in a different direction. I would ask toy sellers all over the USA if I could write about them and their toys. Initially, I  would take their photos and in the software "Photoshop",
I would remove whatever background the toy was placed on, and place the toy on white.
In the last couple of years, I've noticed there has been a big change in toy photography for auctions. Toys are now placed on a white background. The toys  present themselves much better than on different backgrounds. As well, photographic lighting has been simplified. Soft lighting, most probably though the use of "softboxes" from studio electronic flash units,
has made photography easier, faster, and most of all, a much better showing and lighting of the items going for sale at the many different auction companies in the USA. 

As you can clearly see below, Dan Morphy's photographers have done a great job in photographing his many toys going to auction. 









So that's it for another day.
Thanks for dropping by,
And as always, have a great part of the day or nigh,
wherever you may be.

I can always be reached at
toysearcher@gmail.com

 (Mr.) Stacey Bindman









No comments: