Sunday, March 20, 2022

Were Champion Cast Iron Toys Always Stamped?

 Saturday, March 19, 2022                                                                                              Overcast and Raining                                                                                   3-9 Celsius 37.4 - 48.2 Fahrenheit                   

                       Was the Pressed Stamp Name Ever Omitted                         on Cast Iron Champion Toys ?




    Well! As luck would have it, Blogger is "acting up" again. If I enlarge my screen, all the letters become misaligned and move all over the window. So much for my having found a solution to the misbehavior of Blogger! 

    Coincidentally, another writer wrote me last week and asked a similar question to the previous blog post. Rick Walston's question asked specifically about Champion cast iron toys. I couldn't find any information about his question, but I did find something else. 

    Most of the Champion toys had raised lettering for their identification. However, when I went today to ebay, I did a search for "Champion toys" and found a Champion racer at a great ebay seller OpAmerica.  I've written innumerable times about OpAmerica, and I was fortunate to find something that I could continue from the previous post, albeit not quite 100%.



In the photo above, an arrow points to a hammered impression
of the words "Champion HDWD. Co.


So that's it for this post. I'll still be looking for more information as to
whether or not some companies ever manufactured their toys without
labelling, imprinting or embossing their name on or into them.

Thanks for dropping by,
And, as always,
Have a great part of the day or night,
Wherever you may be.

Stacey Bindman
toysearcher@gmail.com











No comments: