Wednesday, October 17, 2018

A Big Surprise on A Fine Autumn Day

Thursday, October 18, 2018
Sunny and Clear Skies
3 C   37 F



A Big Surprise on 
a Fine Autumn Day

    Yesterday, I received a pleasant surprise from a friend in Chicago. I call Chris a friend because I know him a bit, and he has helped me with my blog. For those who don't know, Chris owned a sightseeing bus company in Chicago, as well as a garage for maintenance on the busses. When he had the time, Chris was busy making new toys out of old ones. I just checked and I've been able to write  10 posts about this very-talented man. Today will be my 11th post. 

     Chris sent me photos of a toy that was wasn't 100% happy with in the past, and so he improved on it and added a hauler/loader as a second toy. I also liked his original toy that is the first one shown below.

                                      

Below is the original superb toy that Chris restored
back on May 7, 2015. Wow, the time certainly went by fast!



 Below is Chris' ( or Chris's) remodelled  truck/dumpster. I like both variations of this toy.
In the toy above, I like the sheet metal that was used for the dumpster portion of this nice truck.. The metal looks like the type of flooring that one might find on the steps of a bus.

I also like the new wood variation of the  truck/hauler. Using a combination of wood and metal, gives the toy a more old and "retro" appearance. In either case, both are superb!





Below  is a screen-capture of all the posts that I've had the pleasure in writing about Chris and his 
exceptional talent in restoring old toys with his own personal touch. 
  When I had searched for the date when Chris send me the original remodelling of this old toy, I got an idea for a new post about Chris. I'm going to have a post about all of the fine toys Chris has created, and I'm going to title it 
"A Retrospective of a Master Toy Restorer".

So that's it for today.
Thanks for dropping by,
And as always,
Have a great part of the day or night,
wherever you may be.

Stacey Bindman
toysearcher@gmail.com






No comments: