Thursday, January 5, 2012

Good Things Come in Small Packages

Thursday, January 5, 2011


Good Things Come in Small Packages

    I sold 1 of these items last week, and the other arrived today. Both are small racers. I don't know who made the red one,but the brown one was made by Tootsietoy. What gave me the impetus (initiative) to write today's instalment is the fact that very small toys such as these are difficult to see with the naked eye.

The red racer measures 3 1/2" (L) x 1 1/4" (W) x 1" (H), while the brown racer measures  3 3/4" (L) x 1" (W) x 1" (H). I can see the fine detail with my close-up lenses or my regular progressive glasses, but to really enjoy and appreciate the small detail, you really need a magnifying glass or photos. I'll be selling the brown one next month, as I've topped my quota of free e-Bay listings for January. So without more dialogue, here are 2 "good things that  come in small packages".

Tootsietoy# 4666
Large Bluebird Raver
Manufactured from 1932-1941














So that's it for today.
I hope you enjoy the fine detail as much as I do, and as always, 
I wish you all a good morning, good afternoon, or good evening, wherever you may be.

No comments: