Saturday, January 29, 2011

Some Examples of Restoration

January 29, 2011


I've already written about how to actually go about stripping paint from an old toy, applying primer, and new paint. In today's entry, I'll just present you with some example of what I've done.

I'm not 100% pleased with hand-painting, and I've been told that to do a good job, you need to use an airbrush. At this point in time, I don't want to spend any more money, because I re-sell these toys on e-Bay, and the investment just isn't worth the return.



You can use spray paints form your local hoppy shop, and 1 of the large automotive parts  companies can custom blend a paint colour and fill up an aerosol can with the fresh paint. However, this will cost you about $ 25.00 - $ 30.00, compared with a small can (40cc or 2 oz)  of toy model paint for about $ 2.00.