Saturday, June 23, 2018

Need Help - Is This Toy an Authentic Paya?

June 23, 2018
Overcast with potential rainshowers
22 C  72 F


Is This Toy
an Authentic Paya?

Kristen Lopez

   From time-to-time, I get inquiries from toy collectors about the authenticity of their toys. I've only had a brief experience with owing old toys, and that was when I first started to write about them. That was when I first started to blog. As such, I am by far not an expert. I periodically will add a post for someone if they send me photos, and ask my readers if they can identify a toy. 

Today's nice toy is from Kristen Lopez. The toy has some markings on it, that would be Paya logos, but since I cannot truly identify the toy as a Paya, I can't say it is a Paya. Anyway, below are 8 nice photos that Kristen took for this post, and I hope someone out there will be able to help her out.

Kristen did do some research about her toy. She learned that the original Paya toys from the 1920's were not numbered. The reproductions from the 1980's had numbers. Kristen's Paya toy does not have numbers. 

Feel free to write me at :

toysearcher@gmail.com












Lately, I haven't been writing very much. I needed a rest from writing, and I've covered a lot of material in the 6 years that I've been writing. I'm always interested in reader's to send me their toy photos, and I can always write a post about you and your nice toys. So keep this in mind when you're reading my blog. Of course, I will return to writing soon.

Thanks
And have a nice day or night,
Stacey

toysearcher@gmail.com


3 comments:

Gog said...

Hi Stacey,

I would say, regarding its condition, that it is the re-edition from 1988 of the original Payá toy made between 1923 and 1946. Remember that Payá became a worker cooperative in 1984 and started reediting many toys from their early days.

Also recently (2010?) there has been a new collection of Payá re-editions, but these were already made in China. I do not know if this rowing boat was among the chosen models.

I would look for more pictures to identify the small details and be 100% sure.

Best regards,
Juan from toysfromthepast

toysearcher said...

Hello Juan,

Sorry to reply so late.

It's always great to have readers try and help out by providing
answers to questions on a blog post, who
need to identify their toy(s).

As always,
Stacey

toysearcher said...

Hello Juan Once More,

With your answer, I decided to check out this Paya toy.

I did a simple search using the words
"old Paya brand toy with boy rowing boat"

There were lots of references from a Google search that I did.

Thanks Again,
Stacey