Wednesday, June 18, 2014

LLoyd Ralston's Upcoming June 21 (2014) Auction - Part I

Wednesday, June 18, 2014
       Variable sun and cloud, cooler

Lloyd Ralston's Upcoming Auction for June 21, 2014
Part I 

   I always like to venture over to the Lloyd Ralston Gallery. They have all kings of toys, and you're able to see 100 items at a time on your screen. Being a blogger, this allows me to find what I'm looking for in a much shorter time. What I saw that was new this time around, was the fact that they have presented their images in a way that you can now see them much larger when magnified. This also is great, because it's easier to work with larger images when I present them against white (which I do in a photo-editing software).

   I decoded to present the upcoming auction in several parts, with today's part being exclusively USA toys. Tomorrow, I'll present a wonderful collection of smaller sized international  (USA and European) toys.





This is a fantastic hand-made custom toy that was made from an Erector kit.
It's superbly made and is in working condition.

I always liked the Tootsietoys, and purchase sand resold many on ebay.
I never could afford the complete vintage sets, and when I see a set, I especially like them.
It's the vintage graphic design and older font set that attracts me to these marvellous toys.

One of these days, I am going to have to speak with the owners of T Reproductions again.  I spoke to them ,then sent a follow-up to ask for their permission, but never heard from them.
The company - T Reproductions, reproduces Buddy L toys  today, as they would have appeared 
70-80 years ago. They are well-crrafted, and have now made their way into the resale market.


A nice pair of Tootsietoy airplanes. 
I recently wrote about the Autogyro airplane from another toy manufacturer. 
The original story of the Autogyro is quite interesting!
Another vintage example of superb toys with classic vintage graphics and font style.

This is quite an eclectic (mixture) of Tootsietoy toys.
THey;re in great shape, and I especially like the small tractors.

 The Barclay toy company made what are called "slush" toys. A slurry of molten metal would be poured into a mould and allowed to harden.  Besides small toy vehicles, the company manufactured figures, and made many soldiers and accessory items during  the War Years.What I also forgot to mention is the nice way that the Ralston Gallery presidents their photos (against a lighter tone). That makes my work so much easier when I present the toys against white.

I'll be working on Part II of this upcoming auction tomorrow, so please take a look, or better still, venture over to the actual website.

Thanks for dropping by,
and as always,
have a great part of the day or night,
wherever you may be.
Stacey
toysearcher@gmail.com










No comments: