Monday, January 21, 2013

Some Items for Sale

Monday, January 21, 2013


Some Items For Sale

Introduction

    I sometimes get mail, and I never know what it will contain. A few days ago, Mr. George Gilraine wrote to me. He had some items for sale and offered them to me. I replied that I'n not a collector, but a retired pro photo teacher who decided to write a blog about toys, and updated him on my history. I then came up with an idea, which is a  1-time offer.  I'd present his items, and if anyone was interested to contact George directly. I also said that I'd post a "disclaimer", since I can't determine the authenticity of the items, since I'm not an expert, and also I have only purchased a limited number of told toys based on my budget. 

Also, I don't know George at all, and will not make any money from writing this post or any compensation for any potential sales. So below is "my disclaimer"

A Disclaimer

This post and it's contents  are presented to you, the viewers for your viewing. I decided it would be interesting to have a reader present items for sale on this post, as it's part of the toy world. 
However, I am only presenting these items for you to look at. Any further correspondence should be directed to Mr. George Gilraine at his e-mail address:
ggilraine@cogeco.ca
I only know Mr. Gilraine from e-mail correspondence, and I have not asked for any compensation for posting this information or should Mr. Gilraine Sell anything to any of my readers. So please correspond with Mr. Gilraine directly, and ask the questions that you would ask if yopu were purchasing anything over the Net.

Thanks,
(Mr.) Stacey Bindman

                                                                  
                                                               Description:                                                            
         10” long, 5” high, 4”wide. Sign on side says S Malatesta & Sons, Paterson H.J., 
                       Hialeah, FLA. Moving & Storage. Early 1900s, in good  condition. 
Cast Iron
         $ 125.00 + Shipping+ Insurance            
                                                                                                  
                                                                    

Description: Cast Iron Train


Includes 6 pieces; engine, coal car, 3 carriages, and the last executive carriage. Each carriage is 9 1/2" long, 4" high, and 2 1/2" wide/ Engine is 9" long, 4" high. 2 1'2" wide, coal car is 4" long 2 3/4" high, and 2 1/2" wide. They all hook together with wire clips.
$ 125.00 + Shipping+ Insurance


Plaster Indian Head, 20" high, 12" wide, 8" deep

Antique plaster  as regal as the subject. The bust is in good condition for early 1900's;heavy, no cracks,the odd paint chip here and there.
$ 300.00 _ Shipping + Insurance


Description
2 Bronze sculptures:
Emile Louis Picault (French 1833-1915) Bronze figure of a medieval swordsman entitled 'Escholier' the figure standing and looking to Dexter (the other sculpture of an archer) with a book under his arm and a sword hanging from his waist, (originally with a detachable oil lamp in his left hand, now missing) with golden and medium brown patinas. The present model is typical of Picault's work in its celebration of idealised and romanticised Medieval characters. Throughout his lifetime Picault created more than 1000 editions which were cast by a dozen of the finest foundries in Paris. AFrench prolific sculptor, whose works appeared regularly at the Salon beginning in 1863. He was associated with the symbolist movement and specialized in allegorical and mythological subjects. He exhibited his Perseus and Pegasus at the Salon in 1888 - Height: 10 in (25 cm)

 Estimate $1,200.00 + shipping & Insurance

Description:
Cast Iron US Mail, Horse,wagon, and driver
Approximately:  11" (L) x 3" (W) x 6" (H)
Early 1900's very rare;horse/harness and driver can all be separated from the wagon
$ 30.00 +shipping +Insurance



Description:
Rambo First Blood Original Cinema Poster 27" x 41" from 1982
Mounted on fibre board, very good condition, corners slightly worn.
In 2008, the film was chosen by Empire Magazine  as one of The 500 Greatest Movies of all time.
Very hard to find.
$ 100.00+ Shipping + Insurance


Please Read 
A Disclaimer


This post and it's contents  are presented to you, the viewers for your viewing. I decided it would be interesting to have a reader present items for sale on this post, as it's part of the toy world. 

However, I am only presenting these items for you to look at. Any further correspondence should be directed to Mr. George Gilraine at his e-mail address:
 ggilraine@cogeco.ca
I only know Mr. Gilraine from e-mail correspondence, and I have not asked for any compensation for posting this information or should Mr. Gilraine Sell anything to any of my readers. So please correspond with Mr. Gilraine directly, and ask the questions that you would ask if yopu were purchasing anything over the Net.


Thanks,

(Mr.) Stacey Bindman

I'm only going to keep this post for a period of 2 months
in the best interest of everyone. 

So that's today's post.
 Thanks for dropping by, 
and have a great day wherever you may be.

Stacey








No comments: