Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Nice Arcor Rubber Racer

Thursday, April 12, 2012


A Nice Large-Sized
Arcor Rubber Racer

     Today's toy arrived yesterday. It's a nice Arcor rubber toy racer. Arcor was a company that made rubber toys. It was owned by the more known company Auburn. The copyright logo of Arcor was  "Arcor play safe Toys", which certainly was an appropriate description of the toy.

    I already presented toy with a nice  Auburn toy on March 22, 2012,so I thought that I would show you the 2 toys together.

An Auburn toy in the front, and 
the newly-acquired Arcor toy behind (red).




It's certainly a great-looking toy racer!

It measures 10" (L) x 4" (W) x 3" (H) or  254mm x  102mm x  77mm

The only pronlems with this item is that it is missing the steering wheel,, and has a more-noticeable cut in front of the left rear fender.






I find it interesting how these toys can bear up so well (survive).  This car is at least 50 years old (I'll try and verify that in the future). 

Aside from the major crack, some minor cracks, and the missing steering wheel, it's in fabulous condition.


Thanks for dropping by, 
and 
have a great time, wherever you may be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the same car but it is green with silver in the same place as yours. There is no hole in the front dash of my car for a steering wheel part. The steering wheel is just a raised half circle that is painted silver. It is a cool car though I am a little disappointed due to your posting. I thought it might be the Green Hornet since the driver is wearing a black eye mask. Oh, one more thing, my wheels are a dark black like real tires. This was my Dad's car when he was little and he is now 77 years old.

toysearcher said...

Hello,

Thanks for your comment. I've never seen a Green Hornet toy car, but if there was that most certainly be interesting. Nevertheless,the car that you have from your father is a great memento and collectible.

Stacey
oldantiqutoys.blogspot.com